Monday, December 28, 2009

I just purchased a new mother board,how do I check the bios to see if I need to update it or flash it?

Some new mother boards come with out dated bios,before I install the OS should I update the bios if needed?I just purchased a new mother board,how do I check the bios to see if I need to update it or flash it?
You can go to the makers website and check under the model. But i would only update the bios if its something major, if not i wouldn't bother with it. I see too many people ruin a motherboard because of that.I just purchased a new mother board,how do I check the bios to see if I need to update it or flash it?
Unless you currently are having a serious problem with the motherboard, do not go attempting to flash the BIOS. Many a motherboard goes to the graveyward that way. If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it!
Yeah don't bother flashing your BIOS unless you absolutely need to. You can use FreshDiagnose that will give you the details about your system and BIOS.

No comments:

Post a Comment