Monday, December 28, 2009

I drive a 2001 Ford Explorer and my 4x4 low and high lights flash while I drive?

In my owners manual it says to have it serviced. I'm just wondering if anyone knows what may need service to cause these lights to come on.I drive a 2001 Ford Explorer and my 4x4 low and high lights flash while I drive?
Mine was a'96 and did the same thing. I was told that it is a common problem, and to try to disconnect the battery for about 15 minutes to reset the computer.


I sold it before I got around to doing it, though, so I don't know how succesful that would have been.


There are quite a few online boards that discuss the issue -- google ';Ford Explorer 4x4 light';I drive a 2001 Ford Explorer and my 4x4 low and high lights flash while I drive?
your transfere case maybe low on fluid ,and there is a electronic sensor that controls the 2wheel and 4 wheel shifting that may need to be changed
get yourself (and your car) to a ford certified repair shop. your tranny needs servicing. good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment